June 11, 2010

School's OUT

For a few days anyway! It is so nice to not have to worry about anything school related. This quarter I constantly felt behind because school was going along smoothly and all of a sudden I got this full time job which meant I had to do 35 hours of observation hours in less than 2 weeks (with an already jam packed schedule) and then once I started the job, I just got more and more behind on assignments. Needless to say, Wed night when I turned in my last assignment it was a huge relief. That same relief I got at the end of each term all through the 17 years of school in the past. I'm excited for a new quarter to begin, for new classes and all that I still have to learn. I absolutely love this career choice, everything about it. I loved the kids I observed at a middle school in Elgin. (I have a cute picture of us at Pet Co but I am not sure what the legalities are of me posting that, so I'll steer clear of that!) I love everything I'm learning, from different special needs to how to teach, to the dynamics of school systems and everything else. But for the next week, I am going to enjoy not thinking anything school related and focus on wedding planning and catching up on all the fun things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment