June 24, 2010

The Boys Weekend Turned into My Weekend

This past weekend was Jason and Phil's bachelor party's. They decided to do a joint party in Chicago on both Friday and Saturday. I trust Jason more than I thought I'd ever be able to trust someone so I knew I had nothing to worry about as typical bachelor party activities are concerned, but whenever there are a bunch of guys together mixed with alcohol, I worry...mostly about safety.

So I decided to have a jam packed weekend so I wouldn't have to spend time worrying about him. Friday's plans fell through so I ended up going shopping with some gift cards and got some amazing deals, then went to my parents house for the night. Stayed up late chatting with my parents and my mom and I watched the 1st Sex and the City movie. (Mom, don't wait too much longer to finish it!!) Then Saturday I had Tiffany's friend baby shower where everything was all about little Baby Russell. It was such a great shower, she got lots of great gifts and plenty of advice as a first time mom! After that I jetted downtown to meet my friend, Carli to head out to Indiana for the Dave Matthews concert of 2010. The road trip was fun, we chatted the entire way and learned about 3/4 of the way into our drive that Indiana was an hour ahead of us. Fortunately, we got to the hotel in enough time to chill a couple beers and head out to the concert. Because we were late, we got a great parking spot right near the back of the lot (easy out!) and headed into Verizon Wireless Music Center (formally Deer Creek). Dave put on an amazing show. Seriously, it was one of the best set-lists and shows I've seen in a while, it reminded me all over again all the reasons why I love seeing him live. (I feel like I said this in last years post -- quite possible!) The venue was great, when he talked you could actually understand what he was saying. And everyone there was just as in love with them as I was, how could you go wrong? Nearly 30,000 people all throwing one hand in the air singing all the favorite songs with a beer in their other? At the end of the show, he stuck around shaking hands with everyone in the front row as Carter threw out a ton of his drum sticks. I was grinning ear to ear all night. Pretty sure Carli was sick of me saying, "Oh my gosh, that was so much fun!" Once we were out of the parking lot and finished going around in circles about 15 times trying to get out of all the road blocks by police we figured out how to get back to the hotel and called it a night. We woke up really early to get back to Chicago so Carli could work and by then all of Jason's festivities were over. Definitely a weekend to remember, as every Dave weekend is! Thanks Carli for going with and for being such a great friend...especially in a time of need. (read: I'm a spaz for no reason!)
**more pics to follow once I get them from Carli. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment