June 17, 2010

Bridal Shower!!

It was about 2 weeks ago that my bridesmaids threw me my "Friend Bridal Shower." I've been looking forward to my shower(s) as much as my wedding. Okay, not really, but I've been overly excited about them! I love hosting parties, I (kinda) like attention and love the thought of all of my friends being together at the same place. I've always had the most random group of friends. I went to a couple different colleges, have barn friends, ACS friends, small group friends, high school, middle school...a lot of random places for people to come from and always worry about everyone having fun when there's no connection to each other besides me. But I think the girls did a great job coming up with games that weren't cheesy and included everyone. One of the "games" was that Jason had to come up with 10 different things that he loved about me and then they were read off as I opened gifts. However, Jason misunderstood the 'assignment' and ended up coming up with over 30! So it's pretty sweet that Meredith printed those off on nice paper for me to keep...there may be some days ahead that I need those reminders! ;-) She also had everyone give advice for a successful marriage which I appreciated, I love that kind of stuff! The food was delicious and it was very obvious the girls had spent a lot of time planning this special day for me. We got such wonderful items from everyone, I cannot wait to move in and start using everything...I have a lot to learn when it comes to baking and cooking, but it'll be way more fun to learn with the right tools! Once we're married, you're all invited to come enjoy all our wonderful gifts! A huge thank you to my bridesmaids, Laura and Tiffany for all the preparation and for coming in for that special day. And to Meredith, you did an amazing job pulling it all together and making everyone feel welcome and well fed! It was truly a day I'll never forget and words cannot express how grateful I am to have you as my maid-of-honor and best friend. Thanks to Mom and Ellis for helping to bake some food and a big thank you to each of you who came to help celebrate Jason and my future together!

No comments:

Post a Comment