July 13, 2011

DMB Caravan


One of my favortite times of the summer is going to see Dave Matthews, but this year they made an announcement that they are not going to be touring so they could spend more time with their families. A few months ago they announced that they would be touring to four areas of the US on a three day, multi-stage event called the DMB Caravan. I knew one of the caravans would be in the Midwest so was watching the website like a hawk. When they finally announced that it was going to be in Chicago I was literally jumping up and down like a five year old. We decided we were only going to go on Sunday because we were supposed to go to an out of state wedding the same weekend.

The concert was at a venue on the south side which we learned is going to be future site of homes and shopping along the lake. It was HOT on Sunday but super fun!! We got to see a friend of mine from college that I haven't seen in a few years while we listened to David Grey. But as soon as he was done, we tried to get as close to the stage as possible for DMB. We got up pretty close and the night was amazing. He played a lot of his old songs. I thought maybe since they weren't trying to promote a new CD they were able to play whatever they wanted. A few covers and just an over-all fun night. They even played "Say Goodbye" which used to be one of my absolute favorite DMB songs. :) The night brought back lots of memories from college since so it was a weirdly emotional night that I can't quite explain. Do I dare say that I think I may finally be outgrowing DMB shows? I've been thinking this would happen for the past 3-4 years but every time I've gone it's been so great. This time was an amazing setlist but I think I may finally be over the absolute obsession that I have with their shows. Well, maybe not! Next year if we're in Colorado, that will be a whole new experience for us so I'm pretty sure we'll end up having to go again (and again!)

*seriously we were a lot closer than what this picture shows, especially if you could see how many people were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment