March 10, 2010

Ready? Probably Not

I have a little over a week before the Shamrock Shuffle. I haven't run it in a couple years but both years I ran it, I ran all 5 miles and didn't have a hard time, think I did it under 50 minutes too. This year, it's a different story. I haven't been running outside at all, and though I've been running on the treadmill, my knees tell me it's not the same. The temperature reached 63 degrees today so I went for a run outside. I loved every second of it, until my knees (more specifically, my right knee) told me it was sick of the concrete. It wasn't your typical "runners knee" pain, this was "Stop. Running. Now." pain. I think I had made it about 2.75-3 miles before I stopped, but the Shamrock Shuffle is 5 miles! How will I ever be ready in time? I'm not sure, but I don't really have a choice! Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment