January 3, 2010

New Layout and a Season of Preparing

Last night I spent some time updating the layout for my blog. Seems like everywhere I look, people are making change in 2010 and I felt the need to participate. When I changed my blog layout, I lost a lot of the features I had on my last one so it took a long time to update. Think everything is back in place but we'll see. I still have some minor adjustments and edits to make.

So along the lines of people making changes, this new year feels different for me than others; there will be so many changes for me in 2010! Obvious ones are that Jason and I are getting married, and I'll be starting grad school. Less obvious ones are that I am very emotional and analytical, so with both of those changes there's a lot of emotion and preparation that go into that. For today, one I'll focus on are Jason and I moving in together. Jason and I are committed to not cohabiting until we're married so I also have a major move that is happening this year. YAY, I'll be back in the city again but I also realize I haven't had a roommate since 2005. It wasn't be accident or chance that I haven't had a roommate since then. I like my space and want things quiet when I want them quiet. I'm a little messy and when you live alone, there's not one to tell me when I need to clean up. I could list a million other advantages of living alone. Yes its certainly been lonely at times, but that's why I have a cat! I plan to use these last 8 months as a time to appreciate my solitude and prepare for this major change in my life. I know I don't have many people who follow this blog, but if you do, I'd love for some words of wisdom on this. If you're single and reading this but have experience in your adulthood with sharing a home with someone or other wisdom you may have on this topic, please do! I may be jumping the gun a bit on this being that it's a long ways away, but as I said, I'm extremely analytical and the more time I have to prepare, the better.

Coming up in 2010 and beyond...I'll be asking you to share your wisdom on the first years of marriage. Raising a puppy as a married couple. Preparing to a child into our lives and more. Oh the joys of what my life will bring in the coming years!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Steph and overall, I feel as though your thinking about this all in advance is very smart!! Just today, Al was giving me a hard time because I wanted my space. He takes it as an insult to him that I like my own solitude. Take advantage of your time alone, but most importantly start instilling how important it is to you with Jason. He will hopefully understand it's "you" and not something to take personally.
    BTW, I can't wait for the day you have kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I love the new background!

    ReplyDelete