January 10, 2010

Bridal Expo with the Girls

My mom and closest friends went to the Schaumburg Bridal Expo. I knew there wouldn't be many vendors for me being that we're having a destination wedding but I felt that attending a bridal expo was something every bride should do. Also, being that we're having a destination wedding, Jason and I have selected a much more intimate bridal party. I've been trying to figure out a way to include my closest girlfriends in everything and one of them was for us all to go to the bridal expo together. We met for lunch at Houlihans and then went to the expo. Just as I expected, 98% of the vendors won't be needed for our Mexican wedding, but we still had fun going to each booth for their stamp (complete the card and you are entered into a chance for some drawing - probably like a .0001% chance of me winning but was you never know?) The most common question today was, "Have you picked a venue/DJ/photographer?" When I responded with, "Yes, it's in Mexico!" They'd always respond with some witty remark that I should take them with, or how well they travel to Mexico.

After the fashion show, we had a lot of fun trying out all of the photo booths and finally had luck in the last one...the others are too bad (and funny) to post! Virginia was also with us today but she left right before we did the photo opps. Sadly, Stacy wasn't able to come after she had car troubles and Meredith had family obligations. Laura was at her own expo in Iowa, Tiffany is busy preparing for the work week after being off school for so long and Judy had a friend in town all weekend. I'm really looking forward to all the other fun things that go along with being a bride-to-be for the next 251 days!

Thank you girls and Mom for sharing in this special day with me as a bride-to-be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment