March 12, 2012

Church and my Life Verse

I love our church. I just love it.  We've been going to "Big Willow" ever since we moved to our temporary home on the very north side. With the limited number of Sundays that we had left and how much I love love love the worship, we decided to just make the switch for our last few months. Every time we pull into the parking lot I get teary knowing our Sundays are limited there.  The messages always send me off challenged and the worship always has tears welled up in my eyes.  This past Sunday we had baptisms going on during the service which was incredibly powerful and emotional.  I am so so sad that I only have two more Sundays there. 

We are currently in the middle of a series about choosing a life verse.  I chose a verse at the beginning of the year (which I already posted on my New Years post) to help lead my walk but haven't paid much attention to it since. Mine is more of a "season of my life" verse rather than life verse, but it's a good place to start. I thought I would post it again as a reminder to me since I know these next few days, weeks and months are going to be really trying. This verse has already spoken so much truth to me the past three months with passing the three tests, finishing my portfolio, surviving student teaching and starting to say my goodbyes.  God has not left me and has been so faithful through it all and I am thankful to have this truth to carry me through...

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified...for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Do you have a life verse?  I'd love if you shared with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment