March 11, 2012

Play date with Kaylee

Monday I spent the morning with my precious niece Kaylee.  I had off for Casimir Pulaski, (thanks Casimir!) so took advantage and picked Kaylee up from daycare and brought her back to my brothers house to play.  I spent 2 1/2 hours chasing, tickling, changing (2 poopie diapers...what kid poops twice in two hours!?) feeding, reading, playing and everything else imaginable with my favorite 19 month old.  It's amazing how much she has grown in just a few weeks and what a fun little personality she has.  She knows what she likes and doesn't like and wasn't afraid to let me know! When I dropped her back off at daycare she gave me two hugs goodbye and I wasn't even out the door yet and tears were streaming down my cheeks. By the time I got to my car I was sobbing. (see recent post about my emotions) I am going to miss her so much. Every day is a new milestone with kids and it's going to be so hard to miss out on so many of them.  I'm thankful for the times I will get to see her and so thankful for Google Talk, the phone and plane tickets for when she gets older, but it wont' be the same.  Such a sweet sweet girl, fall in love with her more and more each day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment