March 12, 2012

Family Going Away Party

After all the craziness of my day on Saturday passing my two tests and then having my portfolio reviewed, we had our family going away party.  My aunt hosted at her house so most of my aunts/uncles and cousins were there to send us off. It was so nice to see everyone again and give me the closure I needed.  I was prepared to be all emotional leading up to it, but was so busy with everything that was going on with school I didn't really have time to think about it or get emotional.  When we were saying goodbye's to everyone I did get pretty sad and shed some tears.  My goddaughter was crying which really caught me off guard and just broke my heart.  I knew she was upset we were moving, but I didn't really think she understood it to that level.  Dumb me, I now realize that was dumb of me to think that.  Just gives us more motivation to figure out a way to get her to Colorado when she's old enough to visit on her own and of course I'll see her lots when I am back home.  It's just going to be hard to be away and not have our sleepovers or spontaneous dates like we could if I was here.  A HUGE thank you to all my family who came and especially to my aunt for hosting.  Love to all my cousins, aunts, uncles, brother, sister-in-law, grandma and all my favorite kids for making a special night for us.  We cannot wait for you to visit us in months/years to come! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment