December 12, 2011

Monday meanderings

I guess the Monday Meanderings is what this blog has now become.  Life has been busy.  Really busy mixed with a lot of stress. Hoping things slow down by the end of the week. :)

Meanderings...

On The Move -- We made the move to the north west side of Chicago...like way north west side.  A huge thank you to my parents for coming to help and our friend, Les also came.  There is no way we could have done without them. I'm not just saying that, I mean it. Since we already did a huge move in July so we could stage our place, I thought we didn't have that much stuff.  I was so wrong.  We began moving around 9am and didn't finish until 3pm, then went back to Old Town and brought another load so didn't finish up until 5pm.  Seriously, Mom, Dad and Les, THANK YOU.

On the New Place -- So now our new place is just a huge mess.  We spent all of yesterday at church and then back in Old Town packing two final boxes and cleaning.  I think I was able to unpack a total of 3 boxes here last night.  I don't even know where to begin.  Since we know we'll be out in less than 4 months, I don't want to unpack everything but at the same time, we need to be able to live.  Oh it's a mess.

On Student Teaching -- I still don't have my student teaching placement and I am starting to get nervous. This is CPS's last week of classes before Christmas break, so I need to have my placement by the end of the week.  Fingers and toes are crossed.

On The Pets -- Cooper is feeling much better since my last post!  I brought him to the dog park last week and he was so excited to be out.  He also graduated from his second puppy class.  He now knows how to roll over on command.  LOL  Cooper and Sam have adjusted to the new place just fine.  The wood floors are a new challenge for Coopers slippery paws and all his toys that go under the couch but he'll figure it out and hopefully we can find a really inexpensive (free!?) area rug.

On my New Short Hair -- I got my hair cut on Thursday...cut a lot off! I'm super happy with my shorter cut - my hair is just way too thin to have it long.  Thanks Jolene for always trying to keep my hair looking good. :)

On Christmas -- Christmas is just 13 days away.  I haven't had a second to enjoy this season so I am so excited to get everything up and decorated and enjoy our Saviors birth.  I'm thankful that I have most of my shopping completed, I just have a few more people left so Jason and I are going to venture out on Saturday to finish our last items.  I feel like we haven't had a second to be together in a couple weeks so I am so excited for us to spend the day with each other.

Happy Monday!  Hope you all have a blessed week, please keep us Lockwoods in your prayers with the closing of our condo.  xoxo



1 comment: