September 28, 2011

Race for the Cure

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to run Race for the Cure.  I have participated in this event many years ago as a team captain with a group of friends who walked with me and in most recent years I have ran the 5k.  It was my hope that this year I'd do the 10k, but the amount of training I didn't do put an end to that idea.  I was sure it was going to be raining for the run but we lucked out!  The rain held off until my last mile and by that time I was so sweaty and hot, it didn't matter.  My friend, Beth, joined me for the run and we both were very happy with our times!  I did mine in a 10:36 mile but am so glad because I AM ABLE TO RUN AGAIN!!  I am hoping t get my time around a 10:00 mile in my future runs. :)  Thanks Beth for joining me in the rain on Saturday morning and congrats to you and your accomplishment this weekend too!!

Running down Michigan Avenue never gets old :)


Runners running north as all the walkers are along side of us walking south - pretty powerful to see all the support for those with or who have lost their battle to breast cancer


All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment