September 5, 2011

Ellis and Josh are Married!

September is wedding month for the Lockwoods! It was kicked off on Friday with Ellis and Josh's wedding festivities. Friday morning I went out to Geneva for a bridesmaid Luncheon which was really nice and great food and got to meet a few of Ellis's close friends and family.

I have to say here that I have the best husband ever. I wanted him to be able to attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner so in order for that to happen (with Chicago traffic on a Friday) he had to head out to the burbs over his lunch hour and then work in the church parking lot. Seriously, how awesome is he?! So since he was already there I went to pick up Cooper (who he had to take with him since we had a showing) and brought him to the dog park. Nevermind that it was like 100 degrees and humid and I was walking with a dress on in full makeup, jewelry and shoes. :) Cooper was happy though, especially with his jump into the creek to cool off. Then he spent the rest of the afternoon/evening at a friends.

The rehearsal was as any rehearsal would be (I only did a reading so not too much to remember) but the dinner was amazing. It was at a steakhouse in Geneva and was so much fun. They had everyone there who was in town for the south which was a lot of people. Delicious food, great company and a beautiful couple!

Saturday was the wedding and I was beyond excited to see Ellis as the bride!! My morning started a little rough as I had an almost meltdown when the dress I had bought just didn't look flattering at all when I put it on again. But I was thankful that I had a dress to wear from the last wedding I went to. Besides, what it all boiled down to was that this was not my day...this was Ellis's day and oh my gosh, did she look stunning!! Absolutely gorgeous! The wedding was perfect with every detail in place. The reception was at the country club next to the barn I rode at so the night was filled with a lot of memories. Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day. I am so excited for your future together as a couple. Love to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment