April 9, 2010

Spin Class

So I have been biking a lot at the gym since my knee is still giving me problems and I finally got up the courage to try a spin class.

As with every first group fitness class, I worry about the unknown. So for spin class it was,
  1. Do I need to wear bike shorts?
  2. So I need to have those fancy bike shoes?
  3. Will I be able to figure out the bike?
  4. What if I can't do it?
  5. Do I bring a water bottle...and is there a fancy "biking" water bottle I need?
The list goes on.

So I walk in and there's about 65% of the bikes taken so I find a bike in the last row (which of course what I wanted). Once it's noon, the instructor walked in and class began! From about the first 5 minutes I was having a blast, loving every second of it. The music was blasting, my heart rate was going. I was thinking about all the things I was going to put into this blog entry, I was practically writing it as I peddled away. But then it went something like this...10 minutes into it, the sweat was pouring off my face so much I could hardly see the bike in front of me. 20 minutes into it, I was shocked I hadn't had a heart attack yet. 30 minutes into it, I considered packing up my things and calling it a day...40 minutes and I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to walk out of the class, let alone get myself home to be able to write the post I was so excited to share but I made it. Honestly, that had to be the hardest workout of my life! Kicked my butt! I cannot wait to take my next class! I'm pretty sure it'll have to wait a few days though because I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow! Awesome, awesome awesome, I recommend it to anyone looking for a good workout with a lot of sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment