April 29, 2010

Road-trip to Milwaukee!

Jason had a hotel room that was already paid for and had to be used so we planned a trip to my favorite state, Wisconsin, to hit up a Cubs/Brewers game and spend Sunday in Milwaukee.

We got to Milwaukee around 1:00 on Saturday and went to the Miller Brewery and got a tour of the facility. It was very informative which challenged my attention span but it was a really great tour, and the beer sampling afterward was great! I've always been a Miller Girl, plus they sampled my favorite summer beer, Summer Shandy - what a treat!

Then we went to the Cubs game at Miller Park which is always a blast. And, the Cubs WON!! Two highlights of Miller Park is the Sausage race, it never gets old to me. And during the 7th inning stretch, they play "Beer Barrel Polka," how classic for Wisconsin! (Shout out to my grandma and grandpa for making sure I know that song along with every other polka!)


Sunday we went to this area my friend, Stephanie, told me about called Third Ward, which had so many cute shops, but they were all closed on Sunday. :( We did find a delicious place to have brunch...and a bloody Mary.

On our way home we stopped at the outlets in Kenosha and Mars Cheese Castle. The Cheese Castle was AMAZING. We made up for all the times we've just driven past by purchasing a LOT of cheese. I think we may have both been mice in a previous life with how much we love cheese! I can say with absolute certainty that we will not be driving past Mars Cheese Castle without stopping, probably both in and out of Wisconsin.

Thank you Wisconsin for yet another great get-away, you never seem to disappoint me!

song-of-the-day|Beer Barrel Polka

No comments:

Post a Comment