February 26, 2012

Birthday and Weekend Update

My favorite day of the year happened on Friday - my birthday! It was the slowest day ever until 3:30 and then it went by super fast. I didn't even have time to check Facebook all day. (that's what you really know its been a busy day!) I came home and my parents were already on their way downtown.  We had decided that my birthday weekend was the perfect time for them to come stay the weekend with us for the last time.  We all went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Rose Angeli's which is on my "Chicago To-Do List" for before we move and it was just as I remembered. While I didn't love my dinner I got Chocolate fondue which came with a candle in it. (Thanks Dad for telling them it was my birthday!)

When we got home we opened presents (I love presents- haha!). Thanks Mom, Dad, Judy and Mark for my gifts! Thanks to Jason too who surprised me with a pair of Toms shoes I have wanted and a Coach purse.  Man he really pays attention to what I want!!

Saturday we had breakfast at a local breakfast joint them headed downtown to be tourists.  We did some returns along State St.  My dad and Jason hit up Garretts. We went to the bean (which never gets old!) and went to Macy's to exchange my Coach purse. Long story short...the one he bought I loved but the straps were too short. I found another that was on sale about 75% off and is just PERFECT. I am sooooo excited. :) We were going to go to the Sears Tower which is another on my "Chicago To-Do list" since I haven't been since I was about ten but we ran out of time.

It was a wonderful birthday weekend.  Thanks Mom and Dad for coming and making my day and weekend special.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for knowing just what I wanted for my birthday when I didn't even have to ask for it and thanks to all of you for all the birthday wishes via text, email and calls!

To continue on about my weekend...After all the festivities, Jason and I went to church. Another amazing sermon at Willow. Have I mentioned how much I am going to miss that church?!  Then I came home and worked on schoolwork.  Today we slept in (LOVE having the option to go to church on Sat nights!) and then I spend a  majority of the day working on my portfolio.  I treated myself with a break with a trip to Ulta and Old Navy but quickly learned that I was too late and both were closed when I got there.  So the rest of my night was more schoolwork and portfolio.  I didn't get as much done as I wanted but am making progress!  One week from tonight and I'll be DONE!!!

Two more other updates are that 1.) We gave Same his trial of meds for the road trip and it was a bust. While it certainly affected him, he just became more needy and more alert with some drowsy eyelids.  We were instructed to give him a little more of the pill if that happened but I am trying to decide what to do.  I don't feel right giving him meds but also know he gets SO nervous in the car. (poops, pees, cries) 2.) We found out our townhouse in CO won't be available.  While we were very disappointed to learn the news, we quickly realized that God still has his hand in this and has opened our eyes to other possibilities.  Needless to say, I will be very relieved once we know where we'll be living in just over a month.

Last update of the weekend is that my cousin got engaged today...Congrats Amy! Couldn't be happier for you and Troy!

Thanks again for all who shared in my birthday! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! Countdown is at 3 weeks until I'm done student teaching...but only one until my portfolio is due and two until my paper's due and portfolio is reviewed.  It's going to fly by!


LOL where's Stephanie and Jason??


Dad, Mom, Me and Jason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment