January 1, 2012

New Years Eve

I've never been a huge fan of NYE, for as long as I could remember I just don't' like it. We all know how much I love my sleep so obviously it makes perfect sense that I'd probably not enjoy NYE. New Years Day on the other hand, is one of my favorites!  Before I met Jason I would babysit on NYE, it was safe and a great way to make a lot of money while avoiding the crowds and craziness.  Once we met, Jason and I have gone to a nice dinner and then come home and I've been asleep before midnight.  Since this was our last year in Chicago he wanted us to go out and celebrate.

My friend, Andrea, told us about a great bar pretty close to us with an even better deal.  We were excited to go out and I had a system down...lots of water and some diet coke mixed in with a few beers so I'd be able to stay awake.  The night ended up being a lot of fun, we had a great time catching up with Andrea and Kyle. :)

I have to say though that I am still a hater of NYE.  All this anticipation (3 1/2 hours for us since we got there at 8:30) and all for what?!  We counted down those last 7 or 8 seconds of 2011 and then....HAPPY NEW YEAR!  We clanked our plastic champagne glasses, Jason forgot to kiss me and then people started popping the balloons that had fallen from the balloon drop.  I mean honestly...3 1/2 hours of waiting for that.  Booooo.  Plus the last 30-45 minutes before midnight I always have a mini panic attack in my head about what the next year may bring.  Yeah, I am a freak, I know.  It just always scares me a little bit, I hate change so it makes sense that the new year brings a little anxiety to me.  But I am super thankful we did go out. In a way I feel like a grown-up again for actually making myself go out and for making myself stay awake.  And like I said, it was probably our last NYE in Chicago and what better way to bring in the new year than with one of my best friends and her boyfriend and my favorite husband in our favorite city?  Right...there isn't one.



Hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve...Cheers to you and many blessing in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment