September 28, 2009

DMB 2009

I love seeing Dave Matthews perform live. I've always been a fan but seeing them perform live and jam out is such a thrill! One year I even drove out to Champaign and went to a show by myself just to see them play in Assembly Hall. Fortunately I outgrew that phase of my life, but still like to catch at least one show a year and look forward to it pretty much all year long! This year my options were Alpine (which I'd like to say I've outgrown too unless I can get a hotel room to stay in...LOL, call me an old lady) or the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, which I cannot stand for too many reasons to list. But as I was searching for tickets I saw they were also playing in Des Moines, IA where Jason grew up and brother lives so I thought it would be fun to make a weekend out of it. We ended up getting tickets and left early afternoon on Friday (a perk I like to remind myself of with being unemployed) and headed out to Des Moines. The venue was really small and just had a home-like feeling to it. We had great seats and they played a great setlist! Already looking forward to next years show (but hoping it's back at Toyota Park! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment