September 16, 2009

Alive and Well

Well it's been on week and 4 days since I have been back from Vincente Guerrero, Mexico and I am finally well enough to update all on my life. As I just wrote, I am "Alive and Well" (taken from Kenny Chesney's song, "I'm Alive" -- featuring the one and only Dave Matthews) That just about sums up my life right now. Last week was something I hope to never feel again. Even though I went to the doctor I am still not sure what was wrong with me, just know that I had no appetite, high fever, couldn't keep anything inside of me, achy, and pretty much felt like death. Once I was finally feeling well enough, my body was so weak I was tired all the time. Just driving downtown or walking to the el felt like I had just run a marathon. Even last night I was whipped by 9:30 and slept for 12 hours straight! Last week gave me an appreciation for cancer patients and how they must feel all through their treatments. And the many other diseases and chronic illnesses. I am so happy and grateful to be healthy again! The little things I take for granted! Being healthy...something we should all never take for granted!

More to come on my trip...stay tuned!

song-of-the-day|"I'm Alive" |by Kenny Chesney with Dave Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment