December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas with Mom and Dad (and Sophie)

As I was driving back to the city yesterday I realized I didn't mention the amazing Christmas celebration Jason and I had with my mom and dad! A week ago Sunday, Jason and I went to my parents house. We started by opening our Christmas presents by the Christmas tree. Every year for as long as I can remember, my mom gives my brother and me an ornament. Generally that year's ornament has a theme to it. This year, she gave Jason and I an ornament for our engagement. It's a bear on one knee proposing with this ginormous ring, with the date and location of the proposal. I told her that in years to come, she'll need to start buying for Jason and for each of our kids! Then, Jason, myself and our little ones can all decorate the tree together...the tree Grandma and Grandpa gave us! After presents we all sat down for an amazing meal cooked by my mom. It was complete with ham (my favorite!), twice-baked potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes (another favorite!) and cherry pie. I think there was more than that, but I know I had 3 helpings of each! Mom even used her fancy Christmas dishes! After opening presents and stuffing our faces, we went to the Willow Creek Christmas service. The service was amazing. I know, I know...I say that about every Willow Creek service, but I didn't love, love, love last years Christmas service but thought this year's was magical! Both my parents enjoyed it which meant a lot to me since Willow is the church I call home. Christmas 2009 in We-Go was a very special Christmas for me, keeping some of our family traditions while switching up some others.

Click here for more info on the Willow Creek Christmas service. (do it...you know you want to!)
*theres a few cute photos with us in front of the tree...and one of me and sophie...but the camera is missing. :( I will post them when I find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment