July 29, 2010

Family shower 7/9/10

This post is so overdue!! On July 9, my aunts and grandma threw me my bridal shower. It was hosted by Aunt Bev at her beautiful home in Yorkville. It was a gorgeous night so we were able to have it in the screen porch. My two cousins, Anne and Amy, came from the quad cities and Springfield and my Aunt Mary from Geneseo. Jason's mom and Mark came in from Iowa and the rest of my family from the west suburbs. My friend from childhood even came from the city since she had to miss my friend shower in June. Her mom, who was like a second mom to me growing up was also able to spend the evening with us. Aunt Shelby came up with some creative games and learned who knows me the best. My mom won but Anne and Amy were a second close! (and yes, you're all right, a horse really should have been my answer about my favorite animal!) Jason came for the gift-opening and we received some wonderful gifts! The night was perfect, it was very obvious that a lot of planning went into the evening!! Thanks so much Aunt Shelby, Aunt Bev, Aunt Mary and Grandma for a great evening with our family! Love to each of my cousins (and Katie) Melinda, Paulette, Tiffany, Karin, Judy and Mom for being there to celebrate!













No comments:

Post a Comment