June 9, 2011

Summer Small Group

Summer small group has begun! Jason and I decided after leading a group in the spring that we wanted to continue and lead for the summer. Now that we've had one group under our belts, I feel like we're starting to get the hang of things. We certainly have a LONG way to go and so much to learn but I am really excited about this group. We're studying the book of Psalms which really excites me because I want to start reading the Bible more and this is a sure way to do that. The book of Psalms is about prayer, which is another thing I am really trying to work on.

Last night was our first meeting. I felt like I spent a lot of time preparing for our first meeting, planning the discussion with an ice-breaker along with some other activities. Well, apparently Satan didn't like what we had planned so about two hours before we were to meet, Jason and I left to walk Cooper and grab dinner and locked ourselves out. Awesome. We called the locksmith but he didn't show up until about 45 minutes after our group did.

We held group in the hallway, then in the lobby because the a/c wasn't working in the hall. Our neighbors who walked through thought we were nuts as we ate cake to celebrate two birthdays. We did finally get into our unit but I was disappointed in the way the whole night went down after that much preparation.

I will say that I am super excited about our group and what we're going to study together. I love that I am married to a Godly man who will lead a group with me and welcome people into our home so we can all grow together. I'm very excited for the next 10 weeks!

And yes, we will hide even more keys and distribute to neighbor friends so this doesn't happen again!


No comments:

Post a Comment