February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day! xoxo

Happy Valentines Day! I've always loved valentines day...I hate the all the commercials and advertisements and that its been made into a holiday to make money from but I love the idea that it's a day to be extra cheesy with your kids and that they get to show love to each other. I can't wait to be a mom this time of year, we'll bake heart shaped cookies, make valentines for friends and a home-made one for their dad and hopefully when the time comes I'll think of more creative ideas to do every year. But I also love it for us as adults to show our friends and loved ones how much we love them. An extra day a year to tell someone you love them! And since I LOVE getting cards so much, it's even better that it's an extra day of the year when Jason gets me a card and tells me he loves me. (speaking of...he bought me a Christmas card this year then never gave it to me, so he gave me the Christmas card for Valentines Day and added after Merry Christmas, "and Happy Valentines Day" to it. Classic.) Don't let Hallmark, the cheesy commercials, the dumb jewelery stores or other stores for devoting an entire section of the store to sell you something take away the funness of today! Take this day and embrace it for what it is, and extra day to tell the ones you love, how much you love, all cheesy little red hearts and x's and o's included!

My little Valentine -- too bad I don't get to see her today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment