February 14, 2011

A Break from Studying...

Life got really crazy last week...kinda came out of nowhere but it's nuts! For those who have been asking, here's a recap:
  • I survived Jason being gone for a week (okay, only 4 nights!)...first time since we got married. It was very weird being home without him. It was very good for our marriage though as much as I missed him, it was just what our marriage needed. Glad he's not traveling every week though, not sure how I ever survived that!!
  • I had a delicious dinner at Andrea's where I got to meet her "no-name" cat. She is soooo sweet and Andrea's cooking was delicious!! She introduced me to spaghetti squash, yummmm.
  • I took the LBS-I test bright and early on Saturday morning. No one should have to wake up at 5:30 on a Saturday for any reason other than for puppies and kids. I won't find out until March 11 if I passed. Some questions were ridiculously easy, others I had no idea how I would have known the answer. So please please pray that I passed.
  • My assessment class I'm taking may be the end of me. My teacher has us doing 8 assessments which I cannot get into the classroom to take. Fortunately my cousin let me borrow his kids yesterday so I could get some of them done. I still have a long way to go though with assessments in this class. I can do it!
  • All my classes are catching up...it's really getting overwhelming!
  • We get our puppy in 6 days!! YIPPY!!!
  • Weight watchers is going well...I've lost a few pounds, not nearly what I should have by now. I don't like the new system as well so I find myself cheating more. Plus I am just not as satisfied as I was before. Apparently I really like to eat, a lot and often. Not to mention my love for wine.
  • That was a good segway to: Jason took me out on Saturday for a mouth-watering meal at The Melting Pot. Weight watchers diet went right out the door but oh my gosh was it delicious!! We were there for over 2 hours, every bite was better than the next and we had a great night conversing. Thank you Jason!!
  • I cut my hair...like 3 or more inches. So glad to be rid of the long hair...grew it out for the wedding and that is long over with. Time to get some volume back into this hair!!
  • I am no longer in my small group that I was part of on Monday afternoons. It's not worth going into the details, I will say I'm pretty saddened by that but also relieved to be able to focus more time on my schoolwork.
  • I found out it is likely I will not be able to get the classes I need in the next 2 quarters, which will delay my student teaching and graduation date. (and a lot of things related to life that I am planning!) Again, prayers are really needed if praying if you kind of thing!
  • I broke my (eye) glasses right in half. Not the first time in my life that's happened but man is that an inconvenience!!!
  • Yesterday we got Chris Tomlin tickets for March 11 at our church!! From past posts you know he is one of my favorites and I cannot wait to spend a night worshiping with him!
  • We survived the snow storm a couple weeks ago. I was rather ticked that the day our classes were canceled was the day I already had off! We did go out that night for a walk just to "get out" and see all the snow. It was quite the storm! Parking has been a mess ever since so I am SO glad to see it's starting to melt. I will say that I thought Chicago handled it really well. In just one night the major streets were plowed and after 2 even the side streets were mostly cleared. Nicely done Chicago...minus the little mishap on LSD.
  • We begin our small group this Wednesday night! Jason and I are leading a "couples group" and will read/study Boundaries in Marriage by Henry Cloud and John Townsend . I'm really excited to see what God has planned for us. This has been something that He placed on my heart quite some time ago but hasn't panned out for a number of reasons.
  • I love the heat wave we're experiencing! Perfect weather for our new puppy...let's hope it stays this way!

2 comments:

  1. Prayers prayers prayers!! Great book choice too by the way, Pastor Koschmann recommended that one to me once! I love your reading directions, you always motivate my direction in reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been a busy woman! so glad i got to see you last week. thank you again for our talk. :)

    ReplyDelete