August 16, 2010

On the Road Again

For Jason, that is. This has been a long time coming so I've had a lot of time to prepare but it still never gets easier...probably only harder. Jason has accepted a new position with another company. I won't go into any details but can say that the first week (and probably many more) require him to travel out of state for several days. I'm sure there's already 15 blog posts which already say as much, but I HATE him traveling. I always said I would never date someone who traveled so it's pretty funny that the beginning of Jason's and my relationship was him traveling every week to DC, sometimes over the weekends. I've really enjoyed the past 9 months of him not traveling at all and the 9 months prior with him traveling very limited. That's where he's at again, very limited travel, but he's only been gone for 2 hours and I'm borderline tears.(ok, writing that made a tear fall.) Almost everyone I talk to tries to convince me that it's just a few days and tries pointing out all the positive of him being gone but that's not who I am. I love being around him and hate him being gone. The good thing is that we both prayed about this a lot and know this is where he is supposed to be. So I just have to keep the faith and know that this is part of God's plan. It makes it a lot easier knowing that and thankfully I have enough to keep me extra busy while he's gone this week...and when he gets back I get to pick him up from the airport and then Friday we already have a date night scheduled so I can get in my quality time with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment