August 11, 2010

Kaylee Elizabeth Russell







Kaylee is finally here!! I say finally but in all fairness she did come before her due date! It was a strange weekend for me already because I was not working on Thursday or Friday so had planned to sleep in on Friday and then spend the afternoon running errands and getting caught up on all things “me.” I was awoken at 5:30am to a call from Shawn saying that they were at the hospital and had been there a couple hours already. Of course I couldn’t fall back asleep, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting for Santa! A few hours passed and after a few texts and a call to my mom, I got the text from my brother that Kaylee arrived at 8:29am

I had a couple wedding-related things I had to take care of that morning but headed out to the hospital as quickly as I could and got there around lunch time. Kaylee was making the rounds between her mom, dad, and both sets of grandparents when I got there. I managed to steal her away for some snuggles and kisses before handing her back to my mom. *note, I’ve never seen my mom even be so excited about a baby in my life! She is in LOVE with Kaylee!

Saturday, Jason and I went back to the hospital since he didn’t get to meet her on Friday. It was his first time holding a baby and I have to say, I was just short of tears with how natural he was with her. It made me very proud to know that someday he’ll be the father of our children. Being around Kaylee really got me excited to have kids…guess you could say I have the baby bug! Good thing that I have little Kaylee to hug, squeeze, spoil and love until the time is right for me. I am so very excited to be an aunt and look forward to many, many sleepovers and outing with little Kaylee. I have a feeling I’ll be frequenting the suburbs a lot more these days! I love you Kaylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment