August 24, 2009

"The List"

Being that much of the first year of Jason's and my relationship has been with him on the roads...I was always having to write lists of things to tell him at the end of the day so I wouldn't forget what I wanted to tell him. (I talk a lot...there were way too many thoughts for me to contain without writing it down!)

In addition to that, we were always coming across things we each wanted to try--both in the city and in the suburbs but always had limited time while he was here so we decided to create a "list" and then check things off as we did them. "The list" could continuously grow at any time and is always being checked off after we've experienced it.

This weekend Jason and I were supposed to be in San Francisco but then learned last minute that we wouldn't be going...so after a few tears shed on my part I realized we had an entire weekend open!! What better opportunity than this to turn to our "list!"

Friday night Jason and I went to Moonshine and had burgers and beer on the patio watching the typical Bucktown/Wicker Park folks walk/ride bikes home from work. I have always wanted to live in that neighborhood but rarely have a reason to venture that way, so Friday night was a special treat. :)

We had arranged to go on the Architecture Tour on Saturday morning (we had previously bought tickets half priced [Thanks Jenee!] which are to be used at one of 2 specific time slots) Somehow we overslept through that (oops!) but made it in time to the Farmers Market on North and Clark to get me some home-grown tomatoes...definitely one of my favorite things about August!! We then went to the Lincoln Park Zoo for the remainder of the afternoon, seeing everything from flamingos to lions to seals to rhinos. Such an awesome adventure at NO COST! After I took a nap we headed down some Chinatown for some Chinese food. Jason had never been there and I had been there a couple times but both with my work and felt I was due for some fresh memories.

In just two days we checked off four experiences from our "list!"

Sunday was pretty amazing too...started out at church but ended up running into a bunch of peeps from our small group at Luminocity and learning more about how we can serve to make a difference in our city. I'm really excited to see where I will be led in the next 12 months with our church and serving! There are many places in this city I am praying for and know God will be using me some way very soon one way or another...within my comfort zone or not!

After the past few blogs, I feel like this has turned into a "brag book" but instead am just trying to appreciate all the wonderful and amazing opportunities which have happened due to many closed doors. This month has been one of the hardest months of unemployment, I have my good days and my bad days but am so thankful for my friends and families support and especially thankful for Jason's love, open arms, open door to his condo and supportive words of encouragement. Through it all, I try to remind myself, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

song-of-the-day|"Gone" by Pearl Jam --We're going to see them tonight at United Center (stay tuned for that blog)...and this is one of my favorite songs which has gotten me through many hard days since it's been released. Seriously...how can you not jam out to this song on a bad day while running on the path on an open highway and not feel better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment